What do you think of JOY?
Christians have a joy that comes from the Lord.
In John 15:11, Jesus tells us that His joy is our strength. That joy is not based on our circumstances but on Him and His promises. So, no matter what happens in this world, we can have joy because we know that God is in control. The joy of the Lord is our strength!
When we are feeling down, it’s absolute hope when we remember that our joy comes from the Lord, and He will give us the strength to get through anything. no matter what life throws our way. The Sun will always rise. The first day after my darkest moment I was disappointedly in shock that the sun did rise, even though it was not bright that day. From that moment forward I held to the sun will rise, the sunshine has been the start of Joy.
When we have joy in the Lord, it changes our whole outlook on life. You know what I mean, standing on shaky ground? We are not as easily shaken by the things that happen around us when we have Joy in the Lord.
We can face each day with a positive attitude because we know that God is with us, and He will help us through whatever we may face. Having joy in the Lord gives us hope for the future and peace in the present.
C.S Lewis once said, Joy is the serious business of heaven.” We often think of joy as happiness and while they are related, they are not the same. Happiness is based on our circumstances while joy goes beyond our circumstances. It is a deep-seated peace and contentment that comes from knowing God. And when we have joy, it gives us strength to face anything that comes our way.
So how can we find joy in the midst of our trials and pain? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Don't focus on your circumstances. Focus on God. When we take our eyes off God and focus on our circumstances, it's easy to become discouraged. But when we keep our eyes on God, He will give us joy. Ask Him to show you joy then be willing to sit - maybe take a walk outside – BE intentional – open your heart.
2. Spend time in prayer and in His Word. When we spend time with God, He will fill us with joy. It's impossible to be close to God and not have joy.
3. Serve others. When we focus on helping others, it takes the focus off our own problems, and we can find joy in doing something for someone else.
4. Find joy in the little things. It's easy to get caught up in the big things that are going on in our lives and miss joy that is right in front of us. Take time to enjoy the simple things in life and you will be surprised at how much joy you can find.
5. Thank God for His blessings. When we take time to thank God for all He has done for us, it helps us to see all the joy He has given us.
We can find joy in the good times and the bad times when we know God is always with us. When days are hard it can be easy to look at the world. Keep focus on Him, He will give us the strength to face anything and everything. So let us always remember to keep our joy in the Lord - seek Him, look up.
I want to share with you the joy I found yesterday. On my youngest son's 22nd birthday, a sweet friend and another who wanted to visit surprised me with balloons. In the past, I wanted to grieve alone. I witnessed joy yesterday by allowing love from others, which can sometimes be so difficult.
It can be difficult to allow love in from others when we are grieving, but it is also a moment of joy. When we step back, we can see we are surrounded by people who care for us and want to support us. This act of kindness can be a huge source of strength during tough times.
Thank you for being here today, and for taking the time to read about my story. I hope that it provides some understanding about the complex emotions that can come with grief.
I am going to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones. I am going to do things that make me happy and enjoy life to the fullest. I am going to live each day with intention and purpose, knowing that joy is possible in every moment. I am going to be grateful for all the good in my life and focus on the positive. I am going to let go of negative thoughts and emotions and embrace Joy as my new way of life.
Thank you for joining me on this journey!
I am excited to share my experiences with you and hope that we can all find Joy together. :)
Tell me how you will intentionally find joy today! I will be waiting to hear from you.
To our better selves,
Peace & Love,
Julie Spears, CLHC Grief | Kidney | Health | Coach W: https://www.kidneycoaching.com